HORIBA Scientific has launched MESA-500W Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence Element Analyzer which is capable of handling liquid, solid and powder samples through a single touch fully automatic operation. In other words, it does not require any special expertise to operate the system. In fact, even novice users can operate the MESA-500W to make accurate measurements.
Xerophy, a high purity silicon detector, is integrated within the analyzer. The system is suitable for a wide range of applications, including compositional examination of gems and ceramics, assessment of constituents of iron and steel products, and assessment of impurities in foods.
Product features of the MESA-500W Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence Element Analyzer are:
- Provides one touch measurement of all elements ranging from sodium to uranium
- Samples can be simply placed in the chamber for instant measurement
- 5 mm irradiation diameter collimator provides improved X-ray intensity
- Vacuum monitor continuously ensures optimum conditions for accurate assessment
- Fundamental Parameter Method (FPM) quantitative analysis does not require any standard samples
- X-ray tube current is automatically set to optimum level for all types of samples
- High purity silicon detector removes the necessity for continuous supply of liquid nitrogen
Specifications of the MESA-500W Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence Element Analyzer are provided in the table below:
||XEROPHY High-Purity Silicon Detector
||Solids, Liquids, Powder Materials
||15 kV, 50 kV Rh (Rhodium) Target
||Na to U
||I75 mm Max. Thickness