The Malvern Panalytical - Viscotek RImax is a comprehensive, GPC/SEC system suitable for the relative molecular weight characterization of proteins, natural and synthetic polymers, copolymers and other macromolecules.
The RImax is a modular system consisting of the GPCmax integrated solvent and sample delivery module, refractive index detector, column oven as well as the same powerful OmniSEC software used in the TDAmax research system.
The key features of the Viscotek RImax are:
- Relative molecular weight measurement and molecular weight distribution of polymers and proteins
- Autosampler included for improvement in throughput and repeatability
- Upgradable to add light scattering (RALS and LALS) intrinsic viscosity and UV detectors, to provide absolute molecular weight, molecular size, structure and composition of proteins and polymers
- 21 CFR part 11 compliant
- In line degasser and automatic eluent sensor for out of solvent warning
- Column oven to provide repeatable elution profiles
- Comprehensive functionality software featuring ‘two clicks from data to results’
As experts in polymer characterization, offering over 30 years of experience in the field, Jordi Labs use Viscotek GPC systems for routine quality control, failure analysis, and product deformulation. The ability to compare polymer molecular weight, intrinsic viscosity and molecular size in a single measurement is powerful for identifying subtle differences in a polymer system. We especially like the ability to prepare and evaluate the Mark Houwink plots to compare branching in polymer systems. Two high temperature systems are also used extensively for polyethylene and polypropylene characterization.
Dr Mark Jordi, President, Jordi Labs LLC