The PlasmaPro Estrelas100 deep silicon etch technology, available from Oxford Instruments, has been designed to provide excellent process performance.
Developed for R&D market, the PlasmaPro Estrelas100 delivers excellent process flexibility. Nano and micro structures can be easily attained since the system has been developed to control Bosch and Cryo etch technologies in the same chamber. The system can easily perform sidewall processesand high-rate cavity etches. It ensures that the wide range of MEMS applications is possible without modifying the chamber hardware.
The main features of the PlasmaPro Estrelas100 deep silicon etch technology are:
- Compatible with wafer sizes from 50 to 200mm
- Heated liners up to 150°C
- Flexible configuration, providing the capability to build devices that can be taken to production utilizing the same chamber hardware
- Increased plasma stability eliminates ‘first wafer effect’
- Mechanical cryo and electrostatic clamp options
- Reduced chamber volume ensures high gas conductance and short step times
- Reduced polymer build up, expanding the mean wafers between mechanical cleans
- Fast acting closed-coupled MFCs using software originally developed for atomic layer deposition
- Low cost of ownership through enhanced hardware and process control