The PlasmaPro 100 Sapphire, available from Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology, is the latest breakthrough in single wafer etch technology. Having wide experience of etching all HBLED-related materials, the company’s technologies enable cost of ownership and help maximise the performance of devices.
The PlasmaPro 100 Sapphire single wafer etch system provides smart solutions to produce the etch results required to maintain customer’s competitive edge. The system has been specifically designed for the harsh chemistries needed for HBLED materials, and uniformly delivers fast etch rates across large wafer batches.
The main features of the PlasmaPro 100 Sapphire single wafer etch system are:
- Fast etch rates on wafers up to 200 mm diameter
- Actively cooled electrode to retain sample temperature during etch process
- High conductance pumping system
- High power ICP source generating high density plasmas
- Magnetic spacer for improved ion control and uniformity
- Reliable hardware and simple serviceability for superior uptime
- Exclusive electrostatic clamp technology is capable of clamping Sapphire, Si and GaN on Sapphire