The Möbius® zeta potential analyzer from Wyatt Technology offers dependable, reproducible, and non-destructive electrophoretic mobility and zeta potential measurements of macromolecules less than 2nm in radius, as well as micron-size nanoparticles, in most aqueous buffers.
The novel, highly sensitive electro-optical design integrates 31 parallel detectors, which help the Möbius® characterize even delicate biomolecules in a non-destructive manner at low applied voltage. The Möbius® interfaces with a basic autosampler for increased productivity and unattended overnight, multi-sample analyses.
An integrated dynamic light scattering (DLS) detector offers instantaneous size measurements so as to check potential sample degradation, and to establish zeta potential or surface charge.
The Atlas™ flow cell pressurization unit broadens the range of precise, repeatable mobility measurements to tricky samples such as proteins in high-salt buffers up to 1M NaCl. The flow cell volume is about 170µL, while the sample volume needed with the manually-loaded dip cell is as less as 65µL.
The main features of the Möbius® are listed below:
- Mobility: particles from 2nm to 50µm, in a pressurizable flow cell or manual dip cell
- Sensitivity: 0.05mg/mL lysozyme (DLS), 1mg/mL lysozyme (mobility/zeta potential)
- Temperature range: 4°C-70°C
- Range of hydrodynamic radius Rh: 0.2-5000nm in the flow cell, and 0.2-200nm in the dip cell or quartz cuvette
- DYNAMICS® software enables a complete set of analyses for nanoparticles and macromolecules including size, size distributions, net charge, and zeta potential