Rigaku's Primini Biofuel is ideal for phosphorus analysis in biodiesel for EN14214 and ASTM D6751. It has been optimized for sub-ppm detection limits of P, S and Cl and features easy operation without chemical treatment of the samples.
Easy sample preparation and operation brings down the need for a highly skilled operator. The spectroscopic chamber has a helium atmosphere and the sealing film separates the sample chamber from the spectroscopic chamber, protecting the X-ray tube and the spectrometer in the event of a spilled oil sample.
Phosphorus in biodiesel that comes from fuel lipids is harmful to diesel engines, so control of phosphorus content is crucial. Sulfur content present in the raw material is very low implying that the sulfur content in biodiesel is also very low. However, since the sulfur contents in regular gasoline is regulated for environmental reasons, the content of sulfur in biodiesel oil is regulated as well.
The key features of the Primini Biofuel are:
- Optimized for rapid sub-ppm analysis of P, S and Cl in any hydrocarbon fuel
- Compliant with ASTM D2622 and ASTM D6334 for analysis of S in petroleum product
- Compliant with ASTM D6751 and EN14214 for determination of P in biodiesel
- High-resolution, sequential wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometer
- Easy routine operation requires little operator skill, no chemicals and minimal supplies
The applications of the Primini Biofuel are:
- Analysis of P, S and Cl in Bio-diesel and Bio-ethanol using the Primini Biofuel
- Comparison of wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence and energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence techniques
- Determination of Sulfur in Bio-gasoline Using the Primini Biofuel
- Limestone Analysis
- Semi-quantitative analysis of drilling mud