This single-band radiometer has one detection system with a 0-3V analogue voltage output. The precision quartz dome and diffuser offer excellent directional response. The instrument is thermostated (controlled at +25 ºC ±2 ºC) including the filters, detector and pre-amplifier. It requires external power due to the heating or cooling control. UVS – A-T has a robust weather resistant case made from protected aluminium, is designed for continuous outdoor operation, and can be easily be adjusted to the horizontal plane by three levelling feet and a built-in bubble level.
It is easy to remove the screw-in drying cartridge and replacement desiccant is supplied in convenient refill packets. The supply of the UVS-A-T is done with extensive factory calibration data files and the unique UVIATOR software. These files enable manual correction of the data to reduce errors.
However, UVIATOR takes this a step further by carrying out the process automatically and providing graphical visualization of the results.
The key features of the Single Band Radiometer are:
- Combining UVIATOR software with the spectral characteristics of the radiometer in the calibration files, corrects the mismatch between the actual instrument response and the ideal sensor response.
- This enables further corrections to be made to compensate for changing atmospheric conditions that influence the UV spectrum.
- The correction methodology is based on an atmosphere transmission model. UVIATOR calculates the air mass for each stored measurement and retrieves from the internet the appropriate Ozone Monitoring Instrument (OMI) satellite. This satellite gives the total Ozone column density based on position (longitude and latitude) and time.
- Using UVIATOR brings down the measurement uncertainty by a factor of two.
- Spectral response optimised for UVA measurement
- Excellent directional response.