UVB irradiance is determined using the UVS-B-T. The single-band radiometer has one detection system with a 0-3V analogue voltage output. The diffuser and precision quartz dome provide class-leading directional response. The instrument is thermostated including the detector, filters and pre-amplifier. It requires external power due to the heating or cooling control and signal amplifiers. UVS-B-T has a rugged weather-resistant case made from protected aluminium, is designed for continuous outdoor operation, and can easily be adjusted to the horizontal plane by three levelling feet and a built-in bubble level. The screw-in drying cartridge is easy to remove and replacement desiccant is supplied in convenient refill packets.
The key features of the UVS-B-T are:
- UVS-B-T is supplied with extensive factory calibration data files and a unique UVIATOR software package.
- These files enable manual correction of the data to minimize errors.
- However, UVIATOR takes this a step further by carrying out the process automatically and providing graphical visualization of the results.
- Combining UVIATOR software with the spectral characteristics of the radiometer in the calibration files, corrects the mismatch between the actual instrument response and the ideal sensor response. This enables further corrections to be made to compensate for changing atmospheric conditions that influence the UV spectrum.
- The correction methodology is based on an atmosphere transmission model. UVIATOR calculates the air mass for each stored measurement and retrieves from the internet the appropriate Ozone Monitoring Instrument (OMI) satellite.
- Spectral response optimised for UVB measurement.
- Excellent directional response.