The UVS-E-T measures UVE irradiance to the ISO 17166:1999, CIE S 007/E-1998 response function. The precision quartz diffuser and dome offer excellent directional response. This single-band radiometer has a single detection system with a 0-3V analogue voltage output. The instrument is thermostated (controlled at +25 ºC ±2 ºC) including the filters, detector and pre-amplifier.
It requires external power because of the heating or cooling control and signal amplifiers. UVS-E-T has a rugged weather-resistant case made from protected aluminium, is designed for continuous outdoor operation, and can easily be adjusted to the horizontal plane by three levelling feet and a built-in bubble level. The screw-in drying cartridge is easy to remove and replacement desiccant is supplied in convenient refill packets.
The key features of the UVS-E-T are:
- UVS-E-T is supplied with extensive factory calibration data files and our unique UVIATOR software package.
- These files allow manual correction of the data to minimize errors. However, UVIATOR takes this a step further by carrying out the process automatically and providing graphical visualization of the results.
- Combining UVIATOR software with the spectral characteristics of the radiometer in the calibration files, corrects the mismatch between the actual instrument response and the ideal sensor response. This enables further corrections to be made to compensate for changing atmospheric conditions that influence the UV spectrum.
- The correction methodology is based on an atmosphere transmission model.
- UVIATOR determines the air mass for each stored measurement and retrieves from the internet the appropriate Ozone Monitoring Instrument (OMI) satellite.
- This satellite provides the total Ozone column density based on position (longitude and latitude) and time.
- Using UVIATOR typically reduces the measurement uncertainty by a factor of two.
- Spectral response optimised for UVE measurement.
- Excellent directional response.