The SMP3 is a smart pyranometer with low maintenance and industry standard digital and analogue amplified outputs. The SMP3 is based on the proven CMP 3 technology, includes a Modbus® interface, improved response time and temperature corrected measurement data.
The wide and low power supply range from 5 to 30VDC makes integration in meteorological stations an easy process. Exchanging instruments during recalibration is easy as all SMPs have identical sensitivity and connections.
PC Software for data logging, display of data and Modbus® address setting is provided. SMP3 measures global solar radiation on a horizontal plane.
The key features of the Smart SMP3 pyranometer are:
- RS-485 Modbus® RTU interface.
- 0 to 1V or 4 to 20mA analogue output.
- Active temperature correction from -40°C to +80°C.
- When tilted with the same angle as a PV panel it measures the tilted global radiation for PV module efficiency calculations.
- The SMP is protected against over voltage, reversed polarity and short circuiting.