Olympus introduces the OmniScan® SX, a flaw detector that benefits from over 20 years of phased array experience and shares the OmniScan DNA. For improved ease of use, the OmniScan SX features a new streamlined software interface displayed on an 8.4 in touch screen. A single-group and non-modular instrument, the OmniScan SX is easy to operate and economical for challenging applications.
The key features of the OmniScan SX are:
- The OmniScan SX comes in two models: the SX PA and SX UT. The SX PA is a 16:64PR phased array unit, which, like the UT-only SX UT, is equipped with a conventional UT channel for pulse-echo, pitch-catch or TOFD inspection.
- The OmniScan SX touch screen offers a full-screen mode option that increases visibility, essentially converting many menu functions into easy touch-screen operations.
- The intuitive interface provides smooth menu selection, zooming, gate adjustments, cursor movements, and text and value input.
- These, along with other premium integrated features, including easy-to-follow setup and calibration Wizards, a rapid refresh rate for both the S-scan and A-scan displays, and a fast pulse repetition frequency (PRF), make the OmniScan SX a highly efficient inspection tool.
- The OmniScan SX is fully compatible with the extensive portfolio of Olympus scanners, probes and accessories, as well as with its dedicated software companions, NDT SetupBuilder and OmniPC.
- Combined, the complete family of software and hardware contributes to a streamlined and efficient inspection workflow, from design and setup to acquisition and analysis
- The Omniscan SX provides Olympus with a new and versatile tool to add to its arsenal of innovative and creative complete market solutions aimed at simplifying your workflow and improving overall productivity.
The applications of the OmniScan SX are:
- Phased array weld inspection
- Corrosion mapping and composite Inspection
- TOFD weld inspection
- Component inspection
- NDT SetupBuilder