Active Spectrum’s on-line Micro-ESR sensor is the world’s first industrial process monitoring instrument that offers embedded, non-destructive measurement of free radicals and transition metals.
Active Spectrum's on-line Micro-ESR sensor uses the principle of Electron Spin Resonance (ESR/EPR) spectroscopy to determine the concentration and composition of free radicals in any solid or fluid sample. Magnetic resonance spectroscopy is not affected by sample opacity or density. This makes Micro-ESR ideal for analyzing emulsions, opaque liquids and non-metallic solids that cannot be analyzed in other ways.
The key features of the Micro-ESR Oil Analyzer are:
- Asphaltene and Vanadium in Crude Oil
- Thermal Breakdown of Lubricants
- Corrosion: iron oxides
- Soot and carbon in exhaust gases and oil
The applications of the Micro-ESR Oil Analyzer are:
- Chemical additive concentration
- Transition metals: Mn, V, Fe, Cr, Co, Cu and others
- Combustion, oxidation, polymerization and coking processes
- Catalyst coking