The Eclipse™ DualTec field-flow fractionation system from Wyatt Technology is capable of handling very challenging tasks such as fractionation, separation, and sizing for nanoparticles, macromolecules, and colloids. It provides a routine technique to match size exclusion chromatography (SEC), with a separation range of 1 to 1000nm.
When integrated with a Wyatt DAWN® or miniDAWN™ MALS detector and Optilab® T-rEX™ refractive index detector, the Eclipse DualTec provides an exceptionally versatile solution offering characterization of absolute molar mass and size, in addition to conformation and conjugation.
The main features of the Eclipse™ DualTec are listed below:
- Based on industry-standard liquid chromatography parts
- Supports asymmetric flow-FFF (AF4), hollow-fiber flow-FFF (HF5), and SEC methods
- Supports software switching between two separation channels, e.g. SEC and AF4, or SEC and HF5, thereby improving rather than just substituting basic analytical capabilities
- Open separation channel without stationary phase and very minimal surface area, so almost no shear is produced and sensitive samples are not degraded
- As only minimal surface area is involved, unfavourable interactions between the sample and surfaces are reduced relative to sizing columns
- Resolution is related to that of analytical ultra-centrifugation; however, it excels even in features such as speed, flexibility, and ease of use
- Combines seamlessly with many commercial HPLC packages such as Thermo Scientific, Agilent, and Shimadzu, using autosamplers, degassers, high-quality pumps, and UV detectors while substituting just the column with an AF4 or HF5 channel
- HF5 is similar to AF4, with the exception of the separation channel being much smaller, thereby resulting in fast, nL-scale separations over a similar size range, surpassing UHPLC-SEC in many features
- Chassis available in three versions - for organic solvents, for aqueous solvents (biocompatible), and in a metal-free version