Agar Scientific offers safety equipment and PPE for microscopy purposes, including:
- Facemasks - these provide protection from a wide range of non-toxic particles. The mask features an aluminum nose piece, flared edges, is non-irritating to the skin, and allows the user to wear goggles or safety glasses. Agar's facemasks are sold in boxes of 50.
- Astrolite safety spectacles with a single anti-UV and anti-scratch lens. They have three lens inclination positions and four temple length adjustment positions, as well as temple pads for comfort. The chemical resistant coating allows easy cleaning, and the frame is designed for simple lens replacement. They conform to EN 166 3.9BT (general-purpose, impact grade 1, chemical droplet, splash, and dust).
- Goggles with non-ventilated double glazed PVC frames. The front lens is acetate and the rear lens is polycarbonate. The goggles have an exceptionally wide field of vision, anti-mist and anti-scratch coating, and an adjustable ball-pivot strap.
- Protective anti-splash face shields, which are recommended where the possibility of excessive boiling, spraying or splashing of low-temperature liquids is a hazard.
- Cryo-aprons, essential for protection when handling low-temperature liquids. Made from nylon, and fully lines with 3M Thinsulate, with fully adjustable straps.
- Hot hand protector - provides a safe and convenient method of handling hot laboratory ware. The protector is made from silicone rubber and fits all hand sizes.