Kipp & Zonen supplies the SP Lite2 pyranometer, which is designed for routine measurement of solar radiation. The instrument can be used under all weather conditions and is perfect for measuring available energy for use in thermal convection, plant growth, evapotranspiration, and solar energy applications.
The SP Lite2 includes a photodiode that produces a voltage output, which is proportional to the incoming radiation. Additionally, the unique design of the diffuser makes its sensitivity proportional to the cosine of the angle of incidence of the incoming radiation, enabling precise and reliable measurements.
Equipped with the Kipp & Zonen high quality yellow cable, the SP Lite2 pyranometer can be directly connected to a data logger or voltmeter. The instrument also includes adjustment screws and a bubble level integrated in the mounting flange for users’ convenience. Furthermore, two instruments can be secured back-to-back and equipped with a mounting rod to make a simple albedometer.
The main features of the SP Lite2 pyranometer are:
- Compact and easy to use
- Integrated with photodiode detector
- High quality cable
- Can be connected to voltmeter or data logger
- Suitable for routine and reliable measurement of solar radiation
- Can be used under all weather conditions.
The applications of the SP Lite Pyranometer are:
- Photovoltaic/solar energy module monitoring
- Air pollution dispersion calculations using the Delta-T method
- Agricultural evapotranspiration estimation
- Educational purposes.