Cypher™ is the first commercial AFM that benefits from the low noise and high bandwidth performance of smaller cantilevers, and is the only commercial AFM to routinely resolve atomic point defects and the DNA helix.
Now, Asylum Research introduces the Cypher ES™, which adds full environmental control to the Cypher family. The Cypher ES is based around a cell constructed of inert materials, such as fused silica and FFKM, to enclose and control the sample environment. The modular design enables customization for measurements in nearly any environment.
Run Cypher ES in Any Environment
Broad Chemical Compatibility
- Chemical compatibility is ensured even in the extreme environments, cells are made up of inert materials:
- Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM)
- Fused silica
- Suitable for acids, solvents, buffers, bases, and inert gases
Gas/Fluid Perfusion in a Sealed Cell
- Multiple ports for flow-through of gas and/or fluid
- Simple gravity driven perfusion eliminates the need for pumps
- Perfusion may be carried out in a droplet to minimize cell cleaning and sample volume (<20 µL)
Integrated Temperature Control
- Modular sample stages help achieve precise temperature control in different temperature ranges
- Do not require external boxes, cooling pumps, and additional electronics
A) Sealed cell with fluid droplet
B) Cantilever-sample interface in droplet with perfusion tubes
User changeable sample stage for cooling/heating
The Cypher is the best AFM I have ever used. For our group it has allowed seamless integration of spectroscopic modes for probing contact mechanics in polymers, ionic diffusion in energy storage and generation materials, and polarization switching in ferroelectrics and multiferroics in one flexible, high-stability platform. Cypher makes the work we do possible.
Stephen Jesse, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Cypher, from my understanding the first one built, generated publication-quality data on the show room floor at MRS 2008. I think this says it all, an AFM so stable it can image molecular conformation in protein nanofabrics ~10nm thick in the old Hynes exhibition hall with thousands of people in attendance and trains running underneath. Cypher clearly sets the standard in terms of performance. Plus, Asylum Research also has the best service in the business.
Adam Feinberg, Harvard University
Cypher is one fantastic AFM. It sets the standard for both resolution and ease of use. It makes routine characterization easy and opens many possibilities for high resolution imaging. We're really excited to have this instrument in our lab.
Raymond R. Dagastine, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Melbourne