Hockmeyer offers dispersers that are single shaft mixers utilized to dissolve solid particles in a liquid. This is achieved by using a "saw tooth" blade rotating at high speed. The blade induces high shear forces on the ingredients to break them apart.
Upon proper blade selection and sizing, a flow can be established that will constantly turn over the batch and produce a uniform product. Dispersers are generally utilized to mix low viscosity products, such as paints.
Single shaft mixers are available with variable speed mixing shafts. Selecting the best configuration of designs is a combination of functional needs and economic justification.
The main features of the single shaft mixer are:
- Dissolves, disperses, deagglomerates, emulsifies
- Maximum utility via wide varied drive and frequency inverter speed ranges
- Efficient transmission of horsepower
- Optional 360° rotation for multiple tanks
- Sizes range from 5HP to 400HP.