The HCP Immersion Mill available from Hockmeyer uses rapid recirculation milling technology to obtain a smaller particle size and tighter particle distribution. These aspects are achieved by pumping the slurry via the media field more frequently and more efficiently than any other mill, including vertical, horizontal or basket mills.
Fast mixing and milling of raw materials are performed in a single tank engaged for the entire cycle. Circulation can be as quick as 50 passes per hour.
The HCP Immersion Mill is designed for use in a variety of tanks with various capacities.
The main features of the Hockmeyer HCP Immersion Mill are:
- Reduces product loss
- Efficiently uses small quantities of media
- Offers reliable and predictable performance
- Uses media as small as 0.5mm and as large as 2mm
- Multiple tank positions with 360º rotation
- Maximization of color strength, gloss durability, and yield
- Minimization of contamination, solvent loss, and clean-up
- Reduction of process time by as much as 300%
- Reduction of raw material costs by an average of 5%
- Various materials of construction available.