The KLA Tencor-560 from KLA Tencor is a completely automated 3D optical profiler wafer metrology system that can process 6" or 8" wafers. The system caters to a number of applications including wafer bow, film thickness, etch depth, roughness and bump height.
The system consists of a ZDot measurement head with a number of magnification and illumination options, a multi-cassette port for sorting pass/fail wafers, an individual cassette mapper on each port, flat or notch finder and a fast handler for high throughput results.
The KLA Tencor-560 works on KLA Tencor’s innovative multi-mode measurement technology which imparts the power of three different instruments into the compact KLA Tencor-560 optical profiler. The profiler facilitates high resolution 3D images and analysis to identify process excursions and defects. It performs measurements within 30s.
The KLA Tencor3D software consists of a user interface which is simple and sensitive for data acquisition and analysis. It provides a short learning curve for operators and engineers, thereby ensuring better productivity. Using the automated wafer deskew and pattern matching function of the software, a multi-site sequence can be effectively generated.
The main features of the KLA Tencor-560 system are:
- High resolution 3D optical profiler performs measurement within 30s
- Zdot technology offers True Color imaging and a 13nm step resolution
- ZFT visible range integrated spectroscopic reflectometer facilitates refractive index, reflectivity, and thin film thickness measurements
- ZX5 vertical scanning interferometry measures nanometer heights of more than 4.5mm field of view
- ZSi shearing interferometer offers Angstrom level vertical resolution on the smooth surfaces over a large field of view
- ZiC enhanced differential interference contrast imaging enables nanometer level surface roughness
- Multi-mode measurement feature ensures shorter lead time for process feedback Multifunctional KLA Tencor 3D software makes up the fab ready package
- Highly versatile and fast measurements of parameters from nanometers right up to millimeters
- Simple and intuitive KLA Tencor3D software
- Complies with Class 100 standards
ZDot Measurement Head
Configure the tool with a variety of illumination and magnification options.
Select up to 3 cassette ports with
1-in2-out for wafer binning and sorting
Compact design, precision motion and speed enable a high throughput on the KLA Tencor-360
Flat or Notch Finder
Dedicated flat or notch finder for each measurement head
Individual cassette mapper on each port to allow proper wafer transfer as well as binning and sorting