The BioSAXS-2000 SAXS camera supplied by Rigaku is sprecifically designed to meet the needs of structural biologists. The camera is based on a patented two-dimensional Kratky design and can be mounted on the open port of a Rigaku rotating anode X-ray generator, or can be coupled to a Rigaku microfocus sealed tube X-ray source.
The BioSAXS AUTO configuration includes time-saving features such as an Automatic Analysis Pipeline based on the ATSAS package and an Automatic Sample Changer for unattended overnight operation. The camera takes up less space than a standard 3-pinhole camera, but provides better flux characteristics.
The main features of the BioSAXS-2000 SAXS camera are:
- Concurrent SAXS and WAXS measurements in a single image (qmax = 0.65 Å-1)
- Automated sample stage with 3 capillary cells and 1 powder standard position
- Sample temperature control
- Can be easily installed on the open port of an existing generator or can be installed with X-ray source, such as MicroMax-007 HF, Microfocus sealed tube, FR-X
- Point focusing optics eliminates smearing issues common to conventional Kratky cameras.
- Photodiode beamstop for sample absorption correction and intensity measurements
- 2D Kratky collimation enables users to achieve low q measurements without realignment
- SAXSLab data collection and processing software
- System components are motorized for control from control computer
- Optional accessories available