The VibroMet® 2 Vibratory Polisher from Buehler is designed to prepare deformation-free surfaces following mechanical preparation. Unlike electro-polishers, the device does not require hazardous electrolytes to eliminate the stress from the surface.
When integrated with MasterMet 2 collidal silica, the device chemo-mechanically polishes the specimen to suit atomic force microscopy (AFM) or electron-backscatter diffraction (EBSD) experiments.
The VibroMet® 2 horizontally oscillates to increase the time of contact between the polishing cloth and specimen. On configuring the device, the specimens start rotating automatically around the polishing bowl.
The main features of the VibroMet® 2 vibratory polisher include:
- 305mm diameter polishing bowl allows preparation of 18 specimens simultaneously
- Automatic rotation of specimens by vibratory action
- Horizontal oscillation ensures high quality polish and stress-free surfaces
- Eliminates the need of hazardous electrolytes
- Integration of MasterMet Colloidal Silica facilitates chemo-mechanical polishing of specimen
- Offers better results for non-homogeneous and mixed material samples
- Customized surface finish suitable for EBSD or AFM analysis