Buehler has developed the CarbiMet™ and MicroCut™ abrasive paper for the preparation and analysis of a wide range of materials. This premium paper features a bond coat and comes with specialty S backing options. It is available in various grit sizes and diameters to suit different needs.
The abrasive paper delivers excellent surface finishes, and has a prolonged service life. It offers three types of backing: S backing that is consistent, convenient and removable; Plain backing that requires either a paper holding band or water and suitable for low-cost application; and PSA backing that can be removed after the removal of clear backing.
The main features of the CarbiMet™ & MicroCut™ abrasive paper include:
- Convenient storage with stackable box containing removable panel
- Resistant to water, folding and tearing
- Improved flexibility
- Clear markings of disc dimensions and grit size
- Superior surface finish ensures improved material removal rates
- Electrostatically applied abrasives offer strong adhesion of particles, consistent coverage, and predictable results
- Resulting patterns are consistent and shallow
- PSA backing option is compatible with platen system
- Plain backing is suitable for paper holding bands or for use with water
- Apex S backing for use on Apex S Carrier Films
- Slurry coated disc delivers high quality surface finish
- Waterproof coating ensures durability and long service life