Spectra-Physics’ Spirit® ultrafast amplifier is an innovative flexible laser that is integrated with direct diode pumping technology. The Spirit’s design enables excellent power and beam pointing stability which in turn ensures high accuracy and reproducibility in materials processing.
The Spirit® laser’s pulse energy and repetition rate adjustability (single shot – 1MHz), makes it suitable for femtosecond micromachining and medical device manufacturing. The high average power (>8W) and the high repetition rate facilitate speedy data acquisition in complex time resolved spectroscopy experiments.
The integrated pulse picker allows quick pulse selection and power control via an analog input signal. This feature also aids in simplifying integration of the laser and facilitating fast process throughput.
The Second Harmonic Generation (SHG) module is an optional component that allows development of smaller and more precise structures. It also facilitates better pumping efficiency of optical parametric amplifiers. The basic and SHG output beams are designed to be collinear at the laser exit for easy integration and beam delivery. End users can easily switch between the 520nm and 1040nm outputs with the help of software.
The key features of the Spirit® Ultrafast Amplifier are listed below:
- High average power (>8W) and high pulse energy (40µJ)
- User adjustable repetition rate (single shot – 1 MHz)
- Integrated pulse-picker with analog-in triggering
- Versatility meets the needs of both scientific and industrial customers
- Fully automated and computer controlled
- Equipped for prolonged operation
The following are the main applications of the Spirit® Ultrafast Amplifier:
- Micro surgery
- Material processing
- Medical device fabrication
- Femtosecond micromachining
- Optical parametric amplifier pumping
- Time resolved femtosecond spectroscopy