Creaform’s HandyPROBE arm-free probing system is designed to provide highly accurate measurements of up to 22µm. The system provides the user with complete freedom of movement, thereby ensuring better productivity and quality control.
The HandyPROBE CMM system is not only portable but also wireless with a measurement range extending up to 10m. When coupled with a MetraSCAN 3D scanner, it can also offer scanning functions. This system is perfect for geometric and surface quality control as it is insensitive to the working environment factors such as vibrations, CMM instability, and part displacement.
The HandyPROBE is useful on the production lines of aerospace, automotive, and manufacturing companies.
The main features of the HandyPROBE are listed below:
- Part size range : 1-3m (any material)
- Automatic alignment with optical reflectors
- Greater measurement volume
- Excellent ROI
- Measurement errors can be reduced by up to 75%, and control time by a factor of 10
- Weighs about 1lb
- Faster and easier measurement
- User friendly
- Can be coupled with a MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM scanner to enable full free form inspection as well as create high density color maps
- With the MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM scanner, it can provide faster and more precise reverse engineering of mixed parts such as geometrical and free-form.
The following are the key applications of HandyPROBE:
- First article and supplier quality inspection
- Part-to-CAD analysis
- Conformity evaluation of 3D models against the original parts/production tooling
- Conformity evaluation of manufactured parts against the originals
- Multi-shot measurement (up to 30 points/s)
- Tooling certification
- Reverse engineering of geometrical entities such as planes, spheres and cylinders