Creaform’s MetraSCAN-R optical CMM 3D scanning systems are fast, precise, robot-mounted scanning solutions specifically designed for automated inspection of parts on shop floors and production lines.
When coupled with industrial robots, the MetraSCAN-R system improves speed and consistency of on-line inspection and quality control processes. It works with the C-Track dual-camera sensor and can be networked with 2 to 4 C-Track 780 to benefit from the C-Link functionality and also to increase system versatility.
Part of the MetraSCAN 3D series, the MetraSCAN-R optical CMM 3D scanners ensure optimal dimensional measurement precision, resulting in improved productivity and product quality. They are available in two models, such as MetraSCAN 70-R and MetraSCAN 210-R, and can be incorporated into factory automation projects.
The main features of the MetraSCAN 3D scanners are:
- Accuracy of up to 0.085mm in real-life, shop floor conditions
- Automated assessment and quality control of up to a few hundred parts per day
- Fast and reliable alignment phase
- With C-Track’s dynamic referencing mode, the system can be locked onto the part being measured
- Continuous monitoring of parameters
- Rapid calibration process using a certified gauge
The applications of the MetraSCAN 3D scanners are:
- Part-to-CAD analysis
- On-line inspection of parts ranging from 0.5 to 3m in size
- On-line inspection in mass production, up to a few 100s parts/day
- Conformity evaluation of manufactured parts against originals
- Conformity evaluation of 3D models against original parts or production tooling
- Supplier product quality inspection