The PlasmaPro 100 highly configurable and reactive ion etching (RIE) system from Oxford Instruments is provided with standalone process chambers comprising load locks or as cluster configurations on hexagonal or square transfer chambers. Reactive ion etching of metal, compound semiconductor, dielectric, and organic materials can be performed using the PlasmaPro 100 RIE system.
The PlasmaPro 100’s solid state RF generator and close coupled matching network ensures quick and consistent plasma matching. The full area process gas inlet showerhead provides uniform gas distribution. The system can be combined with a cluster unit.
The main features of the PlasmaPro 100 are provided below:
- High pumping capacity provides broad process pressure window
- Superior uniformity
- Low cost of ownership
- Electrodes with a capacity to handle temperatures from -150ºC to +400ºC
- 13.56MHz driven parallel plate reactor
- Cooled or heated substrate electrode options
- High conductance vacuum layout
- In-situ chamber cleaning
- Chamber wall heating to lessen cleaning requirements, and boost uptime
- Single wafer loadlock for wafer transfer
- 4-, 8- or 12-line gas pod options provide versatility in processes
- Wafer clamping with helium backside cooling is offered for optimum wafer temperature control
- Endpoint detection by laser interferometry and/or optical emission spectroscopy can be fitted to improve etch control