The PlasmaPro 80 Cobra65 ICP etch system from Oxford Instruments provides flexible plasma etch and deposition solutions on a single platform with easy open loading option. The system is compact, easy to set up and features ease of use without compromising on process quality.
The PlasmaPro 80 Cobra65 is a perfect tool for R&D operations or small-scale production. It is capable of processing from the smallest wafer pieces to 200mm wafers. The open load structure enables quick wafer loading and unloading, thereby making this system suitable for research, prototyping and low-volume production. The layout of the tool enables clear and easy access to key components for better serviceability and maintenance.
Reactive ion etching of compound semiconductors, dielectrics, metals, and organics materials can be achieved using the PlasmaPro 800 RIE system.
The main features of the PlasmaPro 80 Cobra65 are as follows:
- Low cost of ownership
- Optimized electrode cooling
- Superior process control, etch control and rate determination
- Outstanding wafer temperature uniformity
- Improved process uniformity and rates are assured by using a high-conductance radial (axially symmetric) pumping configuration
- Adding less than 500ms datalogging ensures traceability and history of chamber and process conditions
- Close-coupled turbo pump offers increased pumping speed and exclusive base pressure
- X20 control unit significantly improves data retrieval and provides more rapid and more repeatable matching
- Novel improved user interface
- Fault and tool diagnostics through front end software permitting rapid fault analysis
- Automatic purge allows purging of toxic gas lines along with a line flush in between, thus enabling more secure. fully interlocked purging controlled by the front end software
- Semi S2/S8 compliant
- Laser end-point detection uses interferometry for determining etch depth in transparent materials on reflective surfaces (such as oxides on Si), or reflectometry for non-transparent materials (such as metals) to establish layer boundaries
- Optical emission spectrometry (OES) for batch process or large sample end-pointing by detecting changes in etch by-products or depletion of reactive gas species, and for chamber clean end-pointing
- Modular upgrade path for gas lines enables users to greatly increase the flexibility of the tool.
- Remotely located gas line by-pass unit allows wide functionality and easy usage.