The PlasmaPro 80 ICPCVD65 from Oxford Instruments is a compact open loading tool designed to handle plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition (PECVD), and manufacture high quality uniform dielectric films. This tool has a compact, small footprint, and hence enables easy setup and usage without the quality being compromised.
A selectable or mixed high/low frequency plasma power is provided for stress control, thus enabling deposited films to be tuned for compressive, tensile, or low stress. PECVD of dielectric, metal nitride, and metal oxide materials can be achieved using this tool.
The PlasmaPro 80 ICPCVD65 can handle up to 200mm wafers, and is ideal for research and development as well as small-scale production. The open-load design enables faster wafer loading and unloading. It is partially S2/S8 compliant.
The main features of the PlasmaPro 80 ICPCVD65 are as follows:
- Optimised electrode cooling results in outstanding process control, wafer temperature uniformity and great versatility, covering a wide range of processes
- Better process uniformity and rates are assured by using a high-conductance radial (axially symmetric) pumping configuration
- Addition of less than 500ms datalogging offers traceability and history of chamber and process conditions
- Close-coupled turbo pump offers an increased pumping speed and very good base pressure
- Clear and easy access to all the key components helps improve serviceability and maintenance
- X20 control system greatly increases data retrieval and delivers faster and more repeatable matching
- New improved user interface
- Fault and tool diagnostics via front end software enables quick fault analysis
- Automatic purge enables purging of all toxic gas lines in turn with a line flush in between, thus allowing safer, completely interlocked purging controlled by a front end software
- Modular upgrade path for gas lines enables users to increase flexibility to a great extent
- Remotely situated gas line by-pass unit helps to widen functionality and ease of use.