The Hikari EBSD Camera Series available from EDAX are advanced electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) cameras that provide excellent performance across the whole range of EBSD applications.
The Hikari Camera Series offers both sensitivity and speed. It comprises three types. The Hikari Pro, capable of up to 600 indexed points per second; the Hikari Plus, capable of up to 1,000 indexed points per second; and the Hikari Super, capable of up to 1,400 indexed points per second.
The indexing speed improves with each model and is available at all camera resolutions, thus allowing real acquisition speeds to be accomplished on both basic and challenging samples.
The device is able to provide results without compromise. When the camera is paired with EDAX’s TEAM™ EBSD Analysis System software, the Hikari Cameras offer better indexing rates, thus assuring the user excellent data quality.
The following are the features of EDAX’s Hikari EBSD camera series:
- Data collection rates up to 1,400 indexed points per second
- Accelerating voltages as low as 5kV
- Maps can be collected in a few minutes for proficient SEM use
- High indexing success rates
- High quality performance across the whole range of SEM operating conditions
- Maximum EBSD camera sensitivity
- Beam currents as low as 100 pA
- Accurate orientation measurements to less than 0.1°
- Allows thorough microstructural characterization of plastic strain, subgrain evolution, and deformation mechanisms for improved understanding of processing-microstructure-property relationships
- EDAX's patented Confidence Index determines both indexing rate and indexing success rate which provide confidence for orientation data
- Compatible with Pattern Region of Interest Analysis System (PRIAS) Live Imaging
- Every sample can be understood better by indexing a high percentage of data and avoiding assumptions caused by incomplete measurements
- Integrated Forward Scatter Detector for reviewing sample microstructure before to performing EBSD scan
- Provides orientation, composition, and topographic contrast imaging for a preview of EBSD prepared samples
- PRIAS imaging enables synchronous imaging of orientation, phase, and topographic contrasts of EBSD samples
- High-speed Hikari Series cameras can be used as imaging detectors in PRIAS Live mode
- Offers 25 images from pre-defined region of interest (ROI) detectors that can be arithmetically processed to improve, restrain, or isolate image contrasts
The following are the applications of EDAX’s Hikari EBSD camera series:
- High-sensitivity indexing with low beam currents and low accelerating voltages when better spatial resolution is required
- High-speed analysis for process development and quality control applications