Orbis Micro Energy Dispersive (Micro-EDXRF) Analyzers from EDAX are a rapid, multi-element X-ray detection system designed for a wide range of sample types and shapes. The analyzer has the required sensitivity to analyze samples from parts-per-million to 100% concentrations.
The Orbis Micro-EDXRF is capable of measuring elements from Na to Bk under air or low-vacuum environment. With the help of EDAX’s powerful, easy-to-use Vision software, precise elemental analysis of samples is possible.
The analyzer is available in two standard models; Orbis PC SDD and Orbis SDD. The results obtained from the analyzer are more appropriate than that of scanning electron microscopes for large-scale samples.
The main features of the Orbis Micro Energy Dispersive Analyzers are as follows:
- Innovative X-ray optic/video geometry detects any obstruction of the X-ray beam
- Fast, simultaneous multi-element X-ray detection
- Measurement of small/large samples in air or low-vacuum conditions
- No coating is required
- High sensitivity analyses of samples ranging from parts-per-million to 100% concentrations
- Automated multi-point and imaging analysis on larger samples
- Easy-to-use Vision software ensure precise elemental analysis Applications The major applications of the Orbis Micro Energy Dispersive Analyzers include:
- Geological sample analyses
- Non-destructive testing
- Industrial quality control
- Criminal forensics