The Q6000 Fuel Dilution Meter (FDM) from Spectro Scientific is a portable fuel dilution meter, suitable for use in the laboratory as well as in the field, for providing rapid and precise measurements of fuel contamination in engine oil. The Q6000 is constructed with a patent- protected sampling technique using a unique “fang” design.
Engines can be seriously damaged by fuel dilution in lubrication oil. For instance, in diesel engine crankcases, contamination can be caused due to defective injectors, extreme idling, and loose connections. Another problem caused by fuel dilution is intercooler leakage in aircraft hydraulic systems.
The sampling in the Q6000 occurs using a headspace unit with repeatability of <+5% RSD up to 15% fuel content. The headspace vapor sampling format removes the need for heating fuel-laden samples and does not require solvent usage.
The Q6000 FDM is capable of detecting contamination in less than 2 minutes, thereby allowing operators to make instant decisions. The instrument needs only a small sample size in a disposable vial.
The main features of the Q6000 fuel dilution meter are as follows:
- Fast and easy to use
- Color touchscreen
- Sample ID entry and data file export via USB cable
- Disposable FDM vials prevent carryover contamination
- Innovative headspace sampling fang design ensures superior repeatability (<= 5% RSD)
- Fuel dilution measurement range - 0.2 to 15%
- Onboard memory allows storage of up to three calibration profiles
- Battery powered, lightweight, optional hard case for transit
- Small sample required in disposable FDM vial with solvents not being required for cleaning
- Test results within a minute for direct measurement of fuel dilution
- Result is displayed in percent fuel, thereby allowing immediate maintenance actions
- Audio prompt feature guides operators through testing.
The Q6000 Fuel Dilution Meter from Spectro Scientific