The TriStar II PLUS from Micromeritics is an advanced three-port surface area and porosity analyser which is ideal for use in both research environments and quality control. The instrument is designed for laboratories which require high throughput and the highest quality data. Able to collect up to 1000 data points, fine details of the isotherm can be observed and recorded.
The TriStar II PLUS has advanced hardware features that include a standard dedicated saturation pressure (P0) port for continuous saturation pressure measurement, stainless-steel corrosive-resistant manifold designed for highly accurate gas management, and an improved dewar design that delivers more than 40 hours of continuous temperature control.
The TriStar II Plus also includes enhanced software capabilities and data reduction features. MicroActive software allows interactive evaluation of isotherm data, reducing the time needed to acquire surface area and porosity results. User selectable data ranges via the graphic interface allow direct modeling for t-plot, BET, Langmuir, DFT interpretation, and more. Within the software application, Python scripting language allows users to create extensions to the standard report library. An advanced dashboard monitors and provides easy access to real-time analyser performance indicators and maintenance scheduling data.
Features of the TriStar II PLUS include:
- Three analysis ports with a dedicated saturation pressure port. Saturation pressure can be measured continuously, collected over the sample, or entered manually
- Free space can be measured, calculated, or manually entered. Helium is not required
- A krypton option is available for studying very low surface area materials
- Four TriStar II Plus instruments can be operated with one computer
- Can use two isotherms (CO2 and N2) for calculating pore size diameter through NLDFT for micropore analyses of carbons
- User-defined reporting choices allow direct modeling
- Interaction with adsorption data is direct with the user being updated with new textual properties by just moving the calculation bars
- Interactive data manipulation reduces dialog box usage and dialog tunneling to specify calculation parameters, thereby enabling users to precisely and efficiently determine the surface area and porosity of materials
- Enhanced ability to overlay files (up to 25) including mercury intrusion data with file add and subtract feature
- Report options editor enables users to specify up to five reports with on-screen previews, where each report has the capacity to include multiple summary, tabular, and graphical information panes