The FLIR Muon is a calibrated thermal camera subassembly specifically designed for thermal product OEMs to incorporate with their own image processing, optical and packaging solutions.
The uncooled thermal camera “engine” is optimized for size, weight and power (SWaP) and needs only standard communication protocols and imaging device power to produce corrected CMOS video out.
The FLIR Muon is perfect for applications where a low cost FPA and/or present unusual size-constraints are required. It is suitable for customers familiar with working at the FPA-level and searching for an alternative to lower-performing amorphous silicon FPAs.
The main features of the FLIR Muon calibrated uncooled thermal camera subassembly are as follows:
- Ease of Integration simplifies product development
- Precision aligned Mg mechanical assembly with Hirose connector
- Industry standard interfaces provide for power in, corrected CMOS video out
- I2C communication to abstracted layer
- Calibrated thermal subassembly reduces product expenses with a pre-calibrated subassembly
- Calibrated using FLIR’s temperature stabilized process
- Only final assembly image optimization is needed
- FLIR Muon contains Known Good Die (KGD), improving manufacturing first pass yield
- <300mW power (336 resolution) and <0.5 second start up time
- SWaP optimized at 22 x 22 x 8mm and under 5g
- 17µ VOx FPA technology - 640 x 512 and 336 x 256 resolutions (60Hz and 9Hz frame rates)