The FLIR® Tau® 2 thermal imaging cameras provide an unprecedented set of features, making them perfect for challenging applications such as handheld imagers, thermal weapon sights and unmanned airborne vehicles (UAVs).
Thanks to enhanced electronics, the FLIR® Tau® 2 comes with more capabilities such as better sensitivity (<30mK), radiometry, powerful image processing modes, and 640/60Hz frame rates that significantly enhance contrast and detail. As the electrical functions are common between the Tau 2324, 336 and 640, integrators have direct compatibility between the different camera formats. The Tau camera models share many of the same lens options. Moreover, the upgraded Tau 2 electronics allow additional capabilities and functions.
FLIR also offers three affordable Tau 2 options for applications that do not need high resolution imaging:
- Tau2 168 a 160×128 with 34 µ-pitch
- Tau2 162 a 160×128 with 50 µ-pitch
- Tau2 160 a 160×128 with 25 µ-pitch
The main features of the FLIR Tau 2 uncooled cores thermal imaging cameras are as follows:
- Active Contrast Enhancement™
- 2nd generation Digital Detail Enhancement™
- Silent Shutterless NUC™
- Information based HEQ™ that automatically adjusts AGC
- Smart Scene Optimization™
- Precise temperature measurement for analytics, radiometry, and telemetry