The PCS100 AVC-40 Active Voltage Conditioner from ABB is specifically designed for correcting voltage sags in large commercial and industrial applications. With a proven and dependable converter platform, the PCS100 AVC-40 ensures instant surge and voltage sag correction, thereby increasing productivity. The load capacities range from 150 to 3600kVA, and higher ratings can also be used on request.
The rugged overload capability and industrial design of the PCS100 AVC-40 allows it to withstand conditions that cannot be handled by other systems. In addition, a redundant internal bypass system ensures continuous supply of load from the utility.
The PCS100 AVC-40 achieves higher than 98% efficiency and minimal heat rejection, thereby reducing the costs of cooling and electricity. It does not require batteries as the utility supply provides the additional energy to make up the correction voltage.
The main features of the PCS100 AVC-40 are:
- Small footprint design
- Low cost of ownership
- Can be easily fitted into confined spaces or equipment rooms
- Batteries not required
- Rugged overload capability ensures operation in harsh electrical conditions
- Continuous protection from voltage sags and surges
- Continuous protection from the most common utility voltage problems found in modern power networks. Even the most modern power networks are not perfect and voltage sags are the most common cause of equipment malfunction in today’s automated industry. The PCS100 AVC-40, built on a proven and dependable converter platform, provides instant voltage sag and surge correction, ensuring maximum productivity.
- Failsafe worry free operation even in harsh electrical environments. The PCS100 AVC-40 is specifically designed for industrial and large commercial applications. It’s industrial design and rugged overload capability means it can handle conditions that others cannot. Furthermore, it contains a redundant internal bypass system that ensures that the load continues to be supplied from the utility.
- Faster return on investment due to low operation costs. With industry leading efficiency exceeding 98 percent the PCS100 AVC-40 has minimal heat rejection, resulting with minimal costs for electricity and cooling. The PCS100 AVC-40 requires no batteries, as it draws the additional energy required to make up the correction voltage from the utility supply. With no ongoing maintenance costs typically associated with batteries the cost of ownership for a PCS100 AVC-40 systems is very low. As the system is has a small footprint, it can be easily fitted into equipment rooms or confined spaces, eliminating the need to design and build added floor space.
Want to know more – click here to be directed to ABB’s PCS100 AVC-40 webpage.