The NOVAtouch™ series gas sorption analyzers offer excellent performance and increased throughput for BET surface area and pore size analyses. Quantachrome offer eight models as standard and advanced LX versions comprising 1-to-4 analysis stations, four built-in sample preparation ports and a dedicated Po station.
The NOVAtouch™ series is capable of generating BET surface area results using the traditional helium void volume technique, or using the patented helium-free technique.
Each NOVAtouch™ device acts as a pore size analyzer with the capacity to measure both adsorption and desorption isotherms with BET surface area results ready in a few minutes.
The pharmaceutical option includes TouchWin™ software that provides elements required by the Pharmaceutical Industry for 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
The key features of NOVAtouch™ Gas Sorption Analyzer Series are:
- To enable a considerable increase in productivity, simultaneous analysis of up to four samples with NOVAtouch 4/LX4 is possible.
- While analysis is in progress, for maximum throughput, upto 4 samples can be degassed
- Automatic analysis possible including real time display of BET computations and isotherm data
- Instrument operations can be performed remotely or locally.
- Full equilibration technology with choice of equilibration time, pressure tolerance and relative pressure points
- Wide range of sample cells for accommodating any sample
- Compact benchtop design with inbuilt degas capabilities
- Protective rotating doors for additional compactness, safety and insulation
- Built-in microprocessor-guided calibration for optimum performance
- Manual mode diagnostics for performance verification and maintenance
- TouchWin™ Windows® Based Software for Operation from PC
The key applications of NOVAtouch™ Gas Sorption Analyzer Series are:
- Carbon for rubber, adsorbents (water purification and gas separation), inks, gas masks, laser printers and copiers.
- Catalysts for the fertilizer, automotive, fertilizer, petrochemical and fuel cell industries.
- Minerals such as clays, alumina, hydroxyapatite, phosphates, pigments, silicas, zirconia, etc used for abrasives, adsorbents, biomaterials, ceramics, cements, desiccants, fillers, papers and paints.
- Organic materials for chromatography, adhesives, cosmetics, detergents, foodstuffs, explosives, ion exchange resins, pharmaceuticals and plastics.
- Powdered metals and ferrites for batteries, pressure formed/ sintered products, electronics, magnetic tape and magnets.
- Other applications related to bone, composite materials, fibers, rigid foams, soil, sludge, slurries, suspensions, well cores, and many more.