Angstrom Engineering offers a low pressure chemical vapor deposition (LPCVD) system that is specifically designed to meet the high temperature needs of carbon nanotubes and graphene studies.
In order to address these needs, Angstrom has developed a water cooled furnace, which can reach temperatures as high as 1100ºC and yet can cool down quickly. Different sizes of chamber tubes are available that range from Φ2in and Φ8in, thereby making it possible to process single small samples up to batches of 6in wafers.
In order to meet the requirements of the growing research market for graphene, carbon nanotubes, and other 2D crystals, Angstrom has developed a unique system that allows accurate process control and process flexibility while keeping user safety as an essential feature. In addition, a complete interlock system ensures that users are protected from high voltages, process gases, and high temperatures present in the system.
In the event of a PLC or computer disconnect, a heartbeat sensor makes sure that the system is maintained in a safe and secure condition. With the help of the fully automated process control system, users can easily build, store and carry out complicated recipes up to 50 steps via a 24inch touch screen interface. For each and every process, data logs are stored that can be downloaded through a USB interface and studied using the required office software.
Download the Brochure for More Information
- Pressure control/gas delivery: Up to 12 mass flow controllers; and downstream pressure control from 100mTorr to 500Torr utilizing a throttling VAT butterfly valve.
- Temperature control: A single zone quartz lamp furnace with 6” homogeneous temperature zone; auto-tuning feature allows steady temperature control; quick heating to 1100ºC in 10m; and quick cooling from 1100ºC to 800ºC in 2m.
- Safety circuit (software and hardware)
- Enclosed frame and safety guarding
- Flammable gas sensor (H2)
- data logging, editable recipes, and password-protected access control
- 24” touch screen user interface allows easy recipe creation and viewing of test results
- PC/PLC controller including Windows-based recipe and control software
- Φ50 to Φ200mm quartz tube chamber
- Different sizes of quartz tubes can be utilized and changed as needed
- Downstream end flange with rapid connections to pumping and gauging
- Upstream end flange with rapid connections to gas manifold
- Accommodates separate or multiple substrates up to 150mm x 150mm
- Locating forks make it possible to place the flanges and tube for safe and quick connections