The third generation of the EZ-2 series is designed specifically for solvent removal in life science research. Its innovative design offers multiple benefits to function in parallel with analytical sample preparation, synthetic chemistry and for basic solvent removal in life science laboratories.
The evaporator is equipped with a solvent resistant, oil-free vacuum pump and a high efficiency, defrost-free SpeedTrap™ that is capable of trapping all solvents including water.
Solvents collect in the insulated, plastic-coated glass vessel which enables users to observe the evaporation process and decide when the trap has to be emptied.
The EZ-2 Elite is equipped with a unique auto-draining collection vessel fitted to the SpeedTrap, which utilizes the powerful scroll pump. It is capable of evaporating solvents of even the highest boiling points, such as DMSO, and performing the Genevac LyoSpeed fast lyophilisation technique for HPLC fractions.
Genevac offers an economical option on the Standard, Plus and Elite that allows the regular use of hydrochloric acid and aggressive solvents.
By building essential elements in glass, Hastelloy® or PTFE, total protection against acid chlorides can be accomplished. The HCl resistance option has the ability to evaporate concentrated nitric acid.
The Genevac EZ-2 series models available are:
Genevac - EZ2 Elite [updated version available]
- The Standard (EZ-2) - for water and volatile solvents
- The Envi (EZ-2 Envi) - for concentration of volatile solvents
- The Plus (EZ-2 Plus) - for solvents with boiling points up to 165°C
- The Elite (EZ-2 Elite) - for solvents with boiling points up to 220°C.
The main features of the Genevac EZ-2 series are listed below:
- All EZ-2 models can house various types of sample holders such as tubes up to 160mm long (including Dionex ASE® and Radleys Carousel tubes), custom reaction blocks, round-bottom flasks up to 500ml, and shallow or deep-well microtitre plates
- All EZ-2 models are resistant to regular use of high concentrations of TFA as standard
- Extra option is available for the safe operation of highly explosive solvents, such as pentane or diethyl ether - the inert gas purge system.
- Oxygen or moisture sensitive samples can be protected under an inert gas blanket until the user returns to the evaporator.
The Genevac EZ-2 series can be applied in the following areas:
- Medicinal chemistry and parallel synthesis
- Fast lyophilisation of purification fractions
- Analytical chemistry
- LC/MS or HPLC purification
- Flash chromatography
- Process development
- Materials research
- Petrochemical research
- Natural products research