The Thermo Scientific ESCALAB Xi+ is a high-performance X-ray Photoelectron Spectrometer, designed to integrate other analytical techniques and advanced sample preparation options. With excellent energy resolution, options such as the Thermo Scientific MAGCIS dual-mode ion source, and fast XPS imaging, the ESCALAB Xi+ is ready for your research!
The ESCALAB Xi+ brings easier operation, flexibility and experiment automation.
The instrument offers not only XPS but also ISS and REELS in its standard configuration, meaning that it can deliver multi-modal data as standard. Options to add UPS, AES, and even a microanalysis capability through the Thermo Scientific™ UltraDry™ EDS detector further increase the ability of the ESCALAB to provide comprehensive answers to the toughest questions.
The modular preparation chamber includes the possibility to add sample preparation options, even further vacuum chambers, extending the range of materials that can be analyzed.
The Avantage software manages all the experimental control, making sure that collecting complex data sets is easy; just choose the analysis points from the optical view or an XPS image.
Metals, bio-materials, oxides, glass, fibers, carbon, ceramics, nanomaterials, powders, plastics and polymers.
- → High-resolution, quantitative XPS imaging for smallest feature analysis
- → High-performance spectroscopy
- → Optional multi-technique integration: UPS, AES, EDS
- → Ion source for depth profiling
- → Flood source for insulator analysis
- → Ion scattering spectroscopy (ISS) as standard
- → Reflected electron energy loss spectroscopy (REELS) as standard
- → Optional MAGCIS ion source for expanded depth profiling capabilities
- → Optional transfer capabilities for air-sensitive samples
- → Full range of sample preparation options: Sample heating and cooling
- → Fracture stage
Efficient, flexible and automated - the Thermo Scientific ESCALAB Xi+ XPS Microprobe delivers!