ABB’s PCS100 AVC-20 is an advanced power protection solution, which has been specifically developed for commercial and industrial environments where an unreliable utility voltage or network voltage can impact productivity.
An irregular voltage supply can affect the consistency of operations, and may result in inferior products and services. Such voltage fluctuations also lead to increased wear and tear on machinery parts and this, in turn, results in equipment malfunctions and reduces its lifespan. The PCS100 AVC-20 provides a constant and regulated supply of utility voltage when electric infrastructure is unreliable or stressed. Its fast and precise voltage regulation improves operation consistency, leading to better productivity.
When there is an irregular voltage supply or over-voltage, the motors in the machinery will not operate efficiently and can lead to poor use of resources with respect to materials, workforce and energy use. As a result, expensive back-up systems like diesel generators are generally used to overcome such issues.
The PCS100 AVC-20 provides a regulated voltage supply, simplifies and increases operational reliability, optimizes resources and enhances returns on operational investments. The system also enables users to use utility power; saving costs on power generation from captive power plants.
- Full range of voltage corrections can be completed in 20 ms
- Robust electrical overload capability
- Modular design offers high scalability and reliability
- Internal bypass mechanism allows fail-safe operation
- Low mean time to repair
- Small footprint with industry-leading power density
- Reliable converter platform with advanced control software
- Touch screen control panel supports more than 15 languages
- Efficiency of more than 98%
- Few moving parts enable low cost of ownership
- Office buildings
- Hotels and resorts
- Remote locations
- Sports stadiums
- Medical equipment
- Oil and Gas
- Food and beverage
- Pulp and Paper