The AG-X plus series universal testers from Shimadzu provide excellent control, intuitive operation, and easy support functions. They are compatible with numerous testing accessories such as; three-and-four-point bending jigs, grips for tensile testing, environmental chambers, extensometers, and plates for compression testing. The AG-X plus series is the first choice for challenging testing applications. The test control options include an LCD touch panel (optional) and Trapezium X Testing software.
The AG-X plus standard series comprises seven models:
- Up to 10 kN (up to 2,200 lbf) tabletop model
- Up to 5 kN (up to 1,100 lbf) high-speed tabletop model
- Up to 10 kN (up to 2,200 lbf) short-column tabletop model
- 20 kN/50 kN (4,400 lbf/ 1,000 lbf) floor model
- 20 kN/50 kN (4,400 lbf/11,000 lbf) tabletop model
- 100 kN (22,000 lbf) floor model
- 250 kN/300 kN (55,000 lbf/66,000 lbf) floor model
Custom options are also available. The special models include:
- Large capacity series, with capacities of 500 kN, 600 kN, 1,000 kN, or 2,000 kN (110,000 lbf, 132,000 lbf, 220,000 lbf, or 440,000 lbf)
- Extended height models, with 250 mm, 500 mm, or 750 mm (9.8 in, 19.7 in, or 29.5 in) column extensions
- Ultralow-speed models, with speeds as low as 0.00005 mm/min (0.000002 in/min)
- Broad frame models with effective test widths of 975 mm, 1,100 mm, or 1,375 mm (38.4 in, 43.3 in, or 54.1 in)
- Ultrahigh-speed models capable of exceeding 6,000 mm/min (236 in/min) crosshead speed.
The main features of the AG-X plus series universal testers are as follows:
- Ultrafast sampling and better control resolution - Data sampling every 0.2 msec (5 kHz) captures the most sudden fluctuations in test force with better precision, such as the failure of brittle materials. Test results are sensitive to control resolution of the testing speed, especially at low test speeds. The AG-X plus series are provided with an eight-fold improvement of the control resolution, compared with earlier AG-X models.
- Configured to a very high standard - A highly rigid frame is crucial for high-precision testing applications. All AG-X plus tabletop and floor models include a crosshead guide that greatly improves torsional rigidity, compared to traditional models. An attached Smart Controller provides displacement and test force in real-time, allows fine position adjustment using the controller, controls some of the grips, and operates automatic extensometers.
- Highly precise, broad range load cells – The load cells have ±0.5% accuracy, and a broad guaranteed precision range from 1/1 to 1/1000 of the highest capacity, improves testing efficiency by ensuring testing can be performed without switching jigs or load cells. The load cells for the AG-X plus standard series are available with the highest capacities of 10 N to 300kN (2.2 lbf to 66,000 lbf).
- Data acquisition using numerous devices - Up to 12 channels of data can be simultaneously collected by a PC for immediate analysis. Data from many strain gauges can be read, as well as test force readings.
- Simple safety features - Safety covers with an interlock promote operation safety, and control scattering of specimen debris during testing. Dual emergency-stop switches are provided along with a touch-alarm, which alerts an operator and stops the tester if there is excess force during specimen setting or crosshead return.