The KT-100S is designed to provide instant identification of complicated alloy grades, and it is considered to be the latest development in handheld metal analysis. The device uses laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) to provide precise and durable alloy identification applicable for:
- Positive material identification (PMI) in petrochemical operations
- Quality assurance in metal fabrication
- Scrap metal sorting
Improved Handheld LIBS Performance
The KT-100S uses a 1064 nm Class 3B laser excitation to enhance light element identification in alloy and metal applications, ensuring product quality and profitability. It is now possible to precisely identify elements such as aluminum (Al), beryllium (Be), lithium (Li), and magnesium (Mg) in 1-2 seconds.
QuickID™ LIBS Software
QuickID software provides a fast matrix selection, chemical composition and grade identification process, which is easy and simple to read. The software allows users to add new alloys to a bespoke on-board library. The KT-100S’ battery life and safety are improved due to the password-protect feature with an automatic “sleep mode”. The device has an on-board camera, which captures images of the metal pieces under observation.
Sophisticated Handheld LIBS Ergonomics
The KT-100S, weighing 1.5 kg (3.25 lbs), can be operated with a single hand due to its pistol shape. It has an IP-54 certified rating which provides maximum durability. The device has a 3.5” high resolution tiltable screen, which provides users outdoors or in confined spaces with high visibility. Its user interface comes with the following options:
- Kick stand for optimum viewing and grabbing position
- Touchscreen for a fast learning curve
- Unique “quick launch” handle buttons for one-handed operation
- Large, softkey buttons for operation while wearing gloves
Accessories for Handheld LIBS
The KT-100S has a waist holster for users on the move, and a docking station for a secure storage location and a continuous battery charge. The device can operate for more than 10 hours thanks to its two Li-ion batteries.
The integration of the breakthrough laser ablation & detection engine (BLADE™) technology into a long-lasting fit-for-purpose platform, offers users with benefits that were not attainable earlier. These key features include:
- 6-Hour battery life - Avoid unscheduled downtime
- QuickID™ software - Identify more in less time
- Durable, tested design - Built for the environment
- Smallest & lightest handheld LIBS - Sort all common alloys with ease