Automatic processing furnace systems (APF) and ceramic processing furnace systems (CPF) provide fully automatic, unattended operation at temperatures to 2500°C. Parts processing may be cycled in under two hours with rapid temperature ramp up (>100°C/min) and ramp down (>300°C/min). These systems may be configured as a hydrogen furnace, a vacuum furnace or both.
Thermal Technology's APF and CPF furnaces are used for processing high purity advanced ceramic materials which are susceptible to contamination in traditional graphite furnaces. These furnaces also process refractory metals under high vacuum conditions at elevated temperatures and can be supplied without high vacuum pumps for processing under inert or reducing gas atmospheres.
Each vacuum furnace is supplied as a complete system including vacuum chamber, metallic heat zone, power supply, vacuum pumps and a programmable control system. Optional upgrades to the power supply, vacuum pumps, and controls are available to meet individual requirements.
Hot zones are designed to operate in wet or dry hydrogen, fully dissociated dry ammonia, inert gasses, nitrogen, or vacuum. The large surface area heating elements provide excellent temperature uniformity within the working volume. Molybdenum sheet, molybdenum wire mesh, or tungsten wire mesh heating elements are used, depending on the operating temperature. A variety of work volumes, temperature, and processing capabilities are offered to match the system to the customer’s requirements.
Features of the Thermal Technology Vertical production Vacuum Furnace include:
- Excellent Temperature Uniformity
- Temperature to 2500° C
- Fast Cycle Time
- Fast Thermal Response
- Precision Programming and Control
- Dew Point Monitoring
- Process Sequence Control
- Wet & Dry Hydrogen Operation
- Easy Loading
- Fast Response to Parameter Changes
- Automatic Processing
- Large Range of Sizes and Capacities
- Field Proven Trouble-free Performance
- Problem-free Co-firing of Metalized Ceramics
- Can Be Configured as a High Temp Vacuum Furnace
- Atmosphere Containment for Accurate Control
- Work Zone Size - 36" diamter x 48" high
- Work Zone Volume - 17.2 cubic feet
- Max. Work Load - 1500 pounds