The IF-Sensor25 from Alicona is an optical 3D measurement sensor designed for automated measurement of profile and roughness during production. It is incorporated into a production area to provide repeatable, high resolution, and traceable results while measuring surface properties in the µm or sub-µm range. The use of tactile techniques or conventional 2D solutions fails to achieve this resolution.
In the field of EDM, the IF-Sensor25 can be directly implemented in a Makino machining center to carry out in-machine measurement. This ‘closed loop manufacturing’ production concept facilitates 3D measurement of components in the machine, resulting in better machining precision.
A new automation software (Automation Manager) allows the use of Alicona measurement systems also in production. They are fully operated without measurement know-how. The measurements are directly relayed to a production control system.
Download the Brochure for More Information
- Uses Focus-Variation technology to provide high resolution results in research and production
- Uses the same measurement process both in-line and in the lab
- Allows automated profile and roughness measurement
- Features standardized interfaces (QDAS) that support fast and easy integration into production, enabling comparable lab and in-line measurements
- Assures quality in serial production
- Suitable for a wide range of materials, including composite materials