The new, second generation 5383 Pulsed Flame Photometric GC Detector (PFPD) is compact and modular with greater design flexibility, analytical refinement, and ease of use when compared to the earlier version.
However, it has the same proven technology features of its predecessor that helps laboratories across the globe to gain accurate results.
The 5383 PFPD has a 10-fold improved sensitivity and a notable improvement in signal processing, enabling it to accurately analyze elements such as phosphorus and sulfur much easier than ever before.
The detector also comes with an intuitive, user-friendly software suite with built-in monitoring and analysis capabilities, providing a robust tool for data analysis, parameter optimization, and much more. Also, the 5383 PFPD is reliable and economical, using much less gas than FPDs and SCDs, and requiring very minimal maintenance.
Some of the key features of the 5383 PFPD are listed below:
- Increased selectivity and superior sensitivity for S and P in comparison with FPDs
- Concurrent mutually selective chromatograms, for instance, S+C, or S+P
- New, modular design with separate flow modules and electronics
- Linear, equimolar response for rapid, easy calibrations
- Less maintenance and better long-term stability, compared to other S-selective detectors, such as SCD/XRF
- Self-cleaning design avoids soot formation, or “coking,” that can be seen in other sulfur-selective detectors