The Eclipse 4760 Purge and Trap Sample Concentrator from OI Analytical sets a new benchmark for ease-of-use for volatile organic compound (VOC) analysis.
It is the 4th generation system and includes the proven features of the Eclipse platform that help chemists worldwide to obtain accurate and reliable results.
In addition, the system is equipped with intuitive software, technology enhancements, and a slim-line, open architecture design, which facilitates access to components and saves bench space.
With ease of operation and improved efficiency, the Eclipse 4760 is designed to optimize throughput, reduce system downtime, and simplify troubleshooting for rapid, accurate, and reliable results. It is fully compliant with all USEPA CLP, EU, State, and ISO VOC protocols, methods, and audit requirements.
The key features of the Eclipse 4760 are:
- Run more samples in less time and optimize the throughput and profitability of laboratories
- Trap View™ software and intuitive, simplified user-interface
- Direct resistance heating of the trap at a rate of more than 1,000°C/min shortens overall purge and trap cycle time by eliminating the need for a trap preheating step
- Patented Cyclone Water Management™ system eliminates >96% of water during the thermal desorb step, facilitating the analysis of polar compounds and reducing water transfer to the GC column
- The status of the system can be seen instantaneously at a glance with TruColour™ LED indicator
- Sparge Overfill Sensor (SOS™) avoids system flooding by eliminating overfilling of the sparge vessel
- Reduce carryover by heating sparger during bake
- Prevent system contamination, thanks to patented technologies for foam sensing and purge abort
- Patented Infra-Sparge™ Sample Heater guarantees constant sparge vessel temperature conditions to improve compound recoveries and %RSDs
The 4760 Purge and Trap can be configured as a standalone unit, or with the following sample handling options:
- 4551A Autosampler
- 4100 Water/Soil Sample Processor (up to two 4760 units can be used with each 4100 processor)
Eclipse 4760 with Sample Handling Units
Two Eclipse 4760 Purge and Trap Concentrators with a 4100 Sample Processor
Eclipse 4760 Purge and Trap Concentrator with a 4551A Autosampler