X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analysis is a powerful quantitative and qualitative tool designed for the analysis of film composition and thickness, identification of trace and specific elements in complex sample matrices, and establishing elemental concentration by weight of solutions and solids.
The XLNCE SMX-BEN is a benchtop Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (EDXRF) analyzer from EDAX that is capable of non-destructive, composition and coating thickness measurement for process control, process development, and quality assurance. It is a superior choice for failure analysis and R&D. It enables and speeds up recipe formulation and material selection in a pre- or early production phase and assists in-process platform tools well into capacity production.
The main features of the XLNCE SMX-BEN are as follows:
- Offers several choices for primary filters and X-ray optics
- X-Y-Z programmable positioning
- Fitted with advanced silicon drift detectors
- Large analysis chamber
- Provides empirical and fundamental parameters (FP) solutions in an easy to set up calibration process
- Excellent performance and versatility at an unmatched price-to-performance ratio
The XLNCE SMX-BEN can be used in the following areas:
- Protective metallic coatings
- Photovoltaic manufacturing
- Corrosion/wear and thermal barrier analysis
- Wafer level metallization and micro-electronics