The Evactron CombiClean has a built-in vacuum chamber meant for desktop cleaning of TEM sample holders and SEM samples. Remote Evactron in-situ cleaning of E-beam devices such as FIBs and SEMs, can be achieved with a second Plasma Radical Source (PRS).
The Evactron PRS uses energy proficient capacitive coupled plasma instead of inefficient inductively coupled plasma in order to prevent energy loss caused due to heat generation.
The system is fitted with a top-loading chamber for SEM samples and two cleaning ports for TEM sample holders. The centrally located cleaning ports allow simultaneous and consistent cleaning of the TEM holders.
This system is equipped with the patented Safar TEM side loaders with a locking mechanism and a side entry slot. The loaders avoid unnecessary contact between the adapter and the sample holder during the process of insertion and removal of the TEM holder. The Safar TEM side loaders are well-matched with all the sample rods of the TEM manufacturer. This locking mechanism protects the TEM sample holder in the Safar TEM loader during the process of placing and removing of the rod.
The Evactron CombiClean Sytem has a modifiable sample platform that enables several samples to be cleaned at the same time. It can also be used as an inert storage location for samples, sample mounts and specimens when a nitrogen purge is performed to remove outgassing contaminants.
- Houses one or two TEM stage sample holders
- Remote Zephyr PRS for FIB and SEM cleaning
- 6' diameter cleaning chamber with top-loading lid
- Dry nitrogen purge feature keeps specimens free from contamination after plasma cleaning and when external PRS is in use
- Overall dimensions: H x L x D: 8.25" x 25.7" x 10.6" (21 x 65.2 x 27 cm)
- 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz input 225 W
- RF Power: 10-20 Watts at 13.56 MHz, Capacitive Couples