The Evactron® Easy Plasma SoftClean (EPSC) is a combination of both the Evactron® SoftClean chamber and the Evactron® EP remote Plasma De-Contaminator, providing users with an easy to use desktop and chamber plasma cleaner. The EPSC can be used as a specimen storage system, which helps to maintain samples in a environment that is contamination-free.
The EPSC system is fitted with a top-loading lid for the SEM samples and three cleaning ports for the TEM specimen rods. The centrally located cleaning ports allow simultaneous and consistent cleaning of all the TEM rods.
This system can be coupled with optional patented Safar TEM side loaders with a locking mechanism and a side-entry slot. This avoids unnecessary contact between the chamber stage and the sample rods during the process of placing and removing of the TEM rods.
The Evactron EP plasma cleaner can rapidly be uninstalled from the SoftClean chamber and mounted on most SEMs to perform chamber cleaning, making it a unique multi-purpose product.
Room air is used as the source gas, enabling the EP plasma to generate reactive oxygen radicals and effectively eliminating hydrocarbon contamination from holders, sample mounts and chamber surfaces.
The main features of the EPSC are as follows:
- Can fit up to three TEM stage rods
- It is possible to use alternate gases
- Vacuum safety interlock
- Windows or Android GUI software
- Optional Safar side loaders for safe loading of TEM rods and samples (US Patent 8,716,676 B2)
- KR 40 vacuum mounting flange
- RF Power: 10 - 20 Watts at 13.56 MHz
- 100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz input
- SoftClean dimensions: D × H: 8.5” × 5.5” (140 × 216 cm)
- Electronic chassis: H × L × D: 3.4“ × 17” × 6.7” (8.6 × 43.2 × 17 cm)