The High Power Expanded Plasma Cleaner PDC-001-HP/PDC-002-HP (115 V/230 V) by Harrick Plasma has been added recently to the company’s product line. This device is large tabletop unit, and has double the cleaning rate of the Expanded Plasma Cleaner. It is appropriate for etching organic thin films (10-100 nm at 7 nm/min). In addition to this, it is also suitable for surface activation and nanoscale cleaning, making the High Power unit a more flexible device.
The appearance and characteristics of the device are same as that of the Expanded Plasma Cleaner, except for 1.5x higher maximum power of 45 W. The High Power unit consists of active fan cooling, a viewing window and hinged door, and enhanced metering value to manage gas flow. It has three RF power settings, with a highest applied power of 45 W.
This device is user-friendly and can be set up easily. The tabletop unit can be provided with a number of accessories, like a quartz chamber, Pyrex or quartz sample tray, compatible vacuum pumps, PlasmaFlo gas flow mixer and other optional accessories.
The device needs a gas-compatible vacuum pump with minimum pump speed of 1.4 m3/h (23 L/min) and ultimate total pressure of 200 mTorr (0.27 mbar) or less.
The main features of the High Power Expanded Plasma Cleaner are given below:
- Low RF power is equal to high RF power on Expanded Plasma Cleaner (30 W).
- 6" diameter x 6.5" length chamber (150 mm diameter x 170 mm length)
- Hinged door with viewing window
- 3 RF power settings – Low, medium, high (maximum 45 W)
- Metering valve to qualitatively control chamber pressure and gas flow
- 3-way valve to rapidly change from introducing gas, venting, and isolating the chamber
- Weight: 37 lb (17 kg)
- Dimensions: 11" H x 18" W x 9" D (280 mm H x 457 mm W x 229 mm D)